Kurogo Mobile Web
Kurogo is a PHP framework for delivering high quality, data driven customizable content to a wide range of mobile devices. Its strengths lie in the customizable system that allows you to adapt content from a variety of sources and easily present that to mobile devices from feature phones, to early generation smart phones, to modern devices and tablets. It currently includes modules for:
- People directory
- News/RSS feeds
- Event Calendar
- HTML Content
We strongly recommend developers read the developer's guide:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Quick Setup and Requirements
Kurogo is a PHP application. It is currently qualified for use with
- Apache 2.x on unix systems (Windows system may also work, but has not been fully test. IIS is not supported)
- mod_rewrite, and .htaccess support (AllowOverride)
- PHP 5.2 or higher with the following modules
- xml, dom, json, pdo (SQLite/MySQL), mbstring, LDAP, curl
To install, simply copy the files to your webserver, and point your site's document root to the included www folder. For more detailed setup information, please see the developer's guide.
This project is based off the original MIT Mobile Framework and was adapted for use at Harvard University. If you have followed the progress of the Harvard project you will notice some improvements and differences:
- Newer modules including video and HTML content
- An overhauled configuration system with web-based administration interface
- A robust authentication system with support for many types of authentication authorities
- Authorization support to restrict access to content by user or group
- Many other small improvements to ease in customization
There are some parts of the project that are not present:
- Modules that have not been generalized are not included. Please refer to the Harvard Mobile Web Repository for modules that you do not find here. Some modules will eventually be generalized and folded into this project.