Kurogo Mobile Web
Kurogo is a PHP framework for delivering high quality, data driven customizable content to a wide range of mobile devices. Its strengths lie in the customizable system that allows you to adapt content from a variety of sources and easily present that to mobile devices from feature phones, to early generation smart phones, to modern devices and tablets. It currently includes modules for:
- People directory
- News/RSS feeds
- Event Calendar
- HTML Content
We strongly recommend developers read the (in progress) framework guide:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
NOTICE: Release candidate version
This project has entered Release candidate stage. There may be additional features and bug fixes, however there should no longer be any incompatible changes that would affect the mobile web product.
The following is planned before the official 1.0 release:
- Cosmetic updates to the login module
- Additional features to the revamped admin console (/admin)
- Completion of the REST API
This project is based off the original MIT Mobile Framework and was adapted for use at Harvard University. If you have followed the progress of the Harvard project you will notice some improvements and differences:
- An overhauled configuration system with web-based administration interface
- A robust authentication system with support for many types of authentication authorities
- Authorization support to restrict access to content by user or group
- Many other small improvements to ease in customization
There are some parts of the project that are not present:
- Modules that have not been generalized are not included. Please refer to the Harvard Mobile Web Repository for modules that you do not find here. Some modules will eventually be generalized and folded into this project.
- Native API support. The API for native apps will be changing.