Federal Data SDK built in the Swift programming language
Until the Swift language becomes more stable, consider this a beta release. See the Release notes for more information.
Updated for Swift 3
This SDK has been tested in Swift 3.0.1
Xcode 6 Beta 6 Notice
If you've recently upgraded to Beta 6 and you're getting weird errors, follow the steps outlined here.
Swift 1.2 Notice
This SDK has been updated for Swift 1.2. You may encounter errors with previous versions of Xcode. For earlier versions of Swift, use the https://github.com/USDepartmentofLabor/Swift-Federal-Data-SDK/releases/tag/v1.0 release.
Documentation for this SDK can be found at http://usdepartmentoflabor.github.io/Swift-Federal-Data-SDK/.
Sample code for this SDK can be found at http://usdepartmentoflabor.github.io/Swift-Sample-App/.
Federal API compatibility
This SDK should work the following APIs. We encourage you to test this with the APIs below as well as other federal APIs:
- BusinessUSA Business Resource API - Data is received, but unusual first character trips-up the parser.
Department of Commerce
- All Datasets (because of the format of the output, use the didCompleteWithUnParsedResults callback method)
Department of Education
Department of Energy
Department of Health and Human Services
National Center for Health Statistics
National Health Information Center
National Institutes of Health
- Genetics Home Reference
- MedlinePlus Connect
- MedlinePlus HealthTopics
- National Drug File-Reference Terminology (NDF-RT)
- Pillbox (needs verification)
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Department of Labor
- All Datasets (SummerJobs+ service compatibility still needs work)