A beautiful demo is worth a thousand words:
- Typography: Default / MediaFire / Original
- Formulas: Default / MediaFire / Original
- Scientific Paper: Default / MediaFire / Original
- Full Circle Magazine: Default / MediaFire / Original The 1st link might be slow
- Chinese: Default / MediaFire / Original
- Try your own files on MediaFire, which uses pdf2htmlEX for its PDF preview feature.
pdf2htmlEX renders PDF files in HTML, utilizing modern Web technologies. It aims to provide an accuracy rendering, while keeping optimized for Web display.
- Precise, native text in HTML, which means
- You can select & copy & search
- Correct font & position & styles
- Proper reencoding
- Generated HTML file is of similar size as the original (uncompressed) PDF file
- Fallback (image + hidden text) - better accuracy and compatibility
- Output modes
- Normal HTML
- All-in-one HTML - portable & easy to share
- One HTML per page - best for dynamic pages
- More PDF stuffs that you love
- Printing (experimental)
Thanks to all packagers!
- Ubuntu PPA by Lu Wang email@example.com, not always up-to-date.
- ArchLinux AUR by Arthur Titeica firstname.lastname@example.org
Gentoo Overlay, gentoo-zh, mrueg or sunrise, by respective packagers.
- Homebrew Formula by Jamie Ly email@example.com
- Macports (local repo) by Deepak Thukral firstname.lastname@example.org
- Windows N/A
Build from source
- CMake, pkg-config
- GNU Getopt
- compilers support C++11, for example
- GCC >= 4.4.6
- I heard about successful build with Clang
poppler with xpdf header >= 0.20.0 (compile with --enable-xpdf-headers)
- Install libpng (and headers) BEFORE you compile poppler if you want background images generated
- Install poppler-data if your want CJK support
fontforge (with header files)
- git version is recommended to avoid annoying compilation issues
- [Optional] ttfautohint
- run pdf2htmlEX with --external-hint-tool=ttfautohint to enable it
- [For Windows]
- or MinGW, with some modifications to pdf2htmlEX. See pdf2htmlEX on TeX Wiki (in Japanese), special thanks to Haruhiko Okumura
git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/coolwanglu/pdf2htmlEX.git cd pdf2htmlEX cmake . && make && sudo make install
GPLv2 & GPLv3 for most part, MIT License for share/*
Read LICENSE for detail.
pdf2htmlEX is totally free, please credit pdf2htmlEX if you use it
Please consider sponsoring it if you use it for commercial purpose
Font extraction, conversion or redistribution MAY BE ILLEGAL, please check your local laws
pdf2htmlEX is maintained by one person in spare time, and it needs your help!
Mailing list email@example.com
Lu Wang firstname.lastname@example.org
- For personal enquiries only
- Accepting messages in 中文, English or 日本語.
pdf2htmlEX is made possible thanks to the following projects:
pdf2htmlEX is inspired by the following projects:
- pdftops & pdftohtml from poppler
- Google Doc
- Hongliang Tian
- Wanmin Liu