D-LAN is an open source decentralized LAN file sharing software.
The goal is to easily share some files and folders on a local area network environment like a LAN-Party. After you launched D-LAN, you will see all other people and theirs sharing automatically without special configuration or central server.
- Share files and folders in a local area network environment (LAN).
- Distributed transfers to increase performance and reliability.
- Very easy to use: no configuration, no central server.
- Fast indexed search among all other peers.
- Browse all files and folders of any other peer.
- Manage the download queue. It includes adding, deleting, pausing or reordering.
- A global persisted chat with channels, formatting and smiles features.
- D-LAN can run without graphic interface (GUI) and be controlled remotely.
- Open source. Code source distributed under GPLv3 license.
- Free of any sort of ads or malwares.
D-LAN can be built under Windows or Linux (Ubuntu), see here for more information: http://dev.d-lan.net/projects/pmp/wiki/#Technical