OriFlagTess - An origami flagstone molecule design tool
OriFlagTess is an origami design software dedicated to calculate and construct single flagstone molecules.
It is based on mathematical concepts explained in the article "Origami - Molecule construction in flagstone tessellation"
- Real-time simulation of the crease pattern of a specific "flagstone" molecule
- Possibility to save a molecule crease pattern in svg format.
At the moment, it runs only on Microsoft Windows 7 and higher.
In order to run the software .NET Framework 4.72 or higher is required.
Latest version of Windows OS have it already available.
If not, you can download it from here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net472
Download the latest version (current is v0.3): https://github.com/UnclePetros/OriFlagTess/releases/download/v0.3/OriFlagTess.v0.3.zip
Unzip the package and launch OriFlagTess.exe file executable.
The software starts with a 4-pleat molecule construction.
Use the molecule type combobox to choose a different molecule type (from 3-pleat to 8-pleat).
Use angles controls to change angles values of the molecule:
- it is possible to set only the first n-1 angles of the n-pleat molecule; the last one is automatically calculated.
Use sides controls to change sides dimensions of the molecule:
- it is possible to set only the first n-2 side of the n-pleat molecule; the last 2 sides are automatically calculated.
Use pleatCenters controls to change the center of the pleats of the molecule.
Use center controls to change the position of the center of the molecule.
Further info on its usage are available in the article "Origami - A software tool for "Flagstone" molecule design".
- Convert software in a javascrit online version, using Rabbit Ear library.
If you want to make changes or modify the program, simply:
- Clone this repository
- Open OriFlagTess solution file with Microsoft VisualStudio 2019