A Pokémon Bank for the 3rd through 5th generation Pokémon games for the Nintendo DS(i).
Table of contents
Setting up your environment
Compiling this app requires devkitPro's devkitARM and libnds.
These can be installed by getting devkitPro pacman, then running:
sudo dkp-pacman -S nds-dev
(command may be slightly different depending on your OS)
You will also need the bmp2ds graphics converter in your PATH named
Cloning the repo
To clone the repo run
git clone --recursive https://github.com/Universal-Team/pkmn-chest.git (Note the
--recursive, that is needed to clone the submodules)
If you already have the repo without the submodules you can run
git submodule update --init --recursive to get the core submodule and the memecrypto submodule inside it.
make in the pkmn-chest source directory
Crowdin is the preferred place for translating pkmn-chest as it manages keeping the languages synchronized and provides useful features when translating like screenshots for context. You can join the pkmn-chest project with this invite link. If you don't want to use Crowdin you can send an updated
app.json file on our Discord or the GBAtemp thread (linked above) or in an Issue here, direct Pull Requests editing the
app.json files are not preferred since that messes with Crowdin's syncing.
If you'd like to help translate pkmn-chest to a language that isn't yet supported, or for a regional variant to be created for an existing language, please either make a feature request issue requesting the language be added, ask on our Discord or the GBAtemp thread (linked above), or send Pk11 a message on Crowdin.
- Pk11: Main developer
- antoine62: French
- 5antos: Portuguese, some Spanish and French
- cimo95: Indonesian
- David Pires: Portuguese
- edo9300: Italian
- Pk11: English and Japanese
- Extocine: Russian
- lemonnade0: Lithuanian
- NightScript: French
- R-YaTian: Chinese
- StackZ: German
- Viktor Varga: Hungarian
- whatter: Polish
- XxPhoenix1996xX: Spanish
- devkitPro, WinterMute: devkitARM, libnds, and libfat.
- edo9300: ndsi-savedumper's gamecard save dumping and injecting code
- Flagbrew, piepie62: PKSM, PKSM-Core's save and bank management code
- Kurt: PKHeX which was a major reference for the generation 3 code
- Pokedoc: savegame-manager's GBA save dumping and injecting
- RocketRobz: Adding flashcard and SD being used together and code from TWiLight Menu++
- StackZ: Idea to make a Pokémon Bank for the DS(i)
- TotallyNotGuy: Finding & making graphics and the Pokémon Center generation 4 song