UD Indonesian-CSUI is a conversion from an Indonesian constituency treebank in the Penn Treebank format named Kethu that was also a conversion from a constituency treebank built by Dinakaramani et al. (2015). We named this treebank Indonesian-CSUI, since all the three versions of the treebanks were built at Faculty of Computer Science, Universitas Indonesia.
UD Indonesian-CSUI treebank was converted automatically from the Kethu treebank, an Indonesian constituency treebank in the Penn Treebank format. The Kethu treebank itself was converted from a consituency treebank built by Dinakaramani et al. (2015).
Other characteristics of the treebank:
- Genre: news in formal Indonesian (the majority is economic news)
- This treebank consists of 1030 sentences and 28K words. We divide CSUI treebank into testing and training dataset:
- Testing dataset consists of around 10K words
- Training dataset consists of around 18K words
- Average sentence length is around 27.4 words per-sentence, which is very high compare to the Indonesian-PUD treebank that has average sentence length of 19.4.
- The original constituency treebank was built with manual annotation by Arawinda Dinakaramani, Fam Rashel, Andry Luthfi, and Ruli Manurung at Faculty of Computer Science, Universitas Indonesia in 2015.
- The previous treebank was converted to the Penn Treebank format by Ika Alfina and Jessica Naraiswari Arwidarasti in 2019-2020. This PTB version was named Kethu.
- The Kethu treebank was converted automatically to this UD treebank by Alfina et al. (2020).
- The lemma (LEMMA) and morphological features (FEATS) were generated using Aksara and manually corrected.
- Ika Alfina, Indra Budi, and Heru Suhartanto. "Tree Rotations for Dependency Trees: Converting the Head-Directionality of Noun Phrases". In Journal of Computer Science, 2020, Vol 16 No 11.
- M. Yudistira Hanifmuti and Ika Alfina. "Aksara: An Indonesian Morphological Analyzer that Conforms to the UD v2 Annotation Guidelines". In Proceeding of the 2020 International Conference of Asian Language Processing (IALP) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 4-6 Desember 2020.
- 2021-11-15 v2.9
- Added text_en (translation of each sentence to English, generated using Google Translate)
- Added features Definite (values: Ind, Def), Mood (values:Ind, Imp), NumType (values: Card, Ord), and Polite (values: Form, Infm)
- Removed feature Poss (value:Yes)
- Fixed FEATS columns for various words
- Changed the annotations for "di mana" (where), "yang" (which), 'apa/apakah' (what, whether, adverb in yes-no questions)
- Changed the annotations for transition words, such as "sementara itu" (meanwhile), "oleh karena itu" (therefore), etc.
- Fixed udapi bugs (multi-obj, multi-subj, and so on)
- 2020-11-15 v2.7
- Initial release in Universal Dependencies.
=== Machine-readable metadata (DO NOT REMOVE!) ================================ Data available since: UD v2.7 License: CC BY-SA 4.0 Includes text: yes Genre: nonfiction news Lemmas: automatic with corrections UPOS: converted with corrections XPOS: converted with corrections Features: automatic with corrections Relations: converted with corrections Contributors: Alfina, Ika; Arwidarasti, Jessica Naraiswari; Hanifmuti, Muhammad Yudistira; Dinakaramani, Arawinda; Manurung, Ruli; Rashel, Fam; Luthfi, Andry Contributing: here Contact: email@example.com ===============================================================================