UD_Tagalog-TRG is a UD treebank manually annotated using sentences from a grammar book.
The Tagalog treebank, so far, consists of 55 sentences with sources from the grammar books Tagalog Reference Grammar (Schachter and Otanes 1972) and Essential Tagalog Grammar: A Reference for Learners of Tagalog (De Vos 2010). The annotations are done manually.
The annotations were done by Stephanie Samson. Çağrı Çöltekin (University of Tübingen, Germany) with the UD guidelines and was a source of knowledge when there were any doubts regarding the annotation process.
De Vos, F. (2010). Essential Tagalog Grammar: A Reference for Learners of Tagalog. Fiona de Vos. isbn: 9789081513500.
Schachter, P. and F.T. Otanes (1972). Tagalog Reference Grammar. University of California Press. isbn: 9780520017764.
- 2020-11-15 v2.7
- Fixed a few validation errors.
- Instead of the Focus attribute in MISC, verbal inflection now has the Voice feature.
- Removed XPOS tags because they were uninformative (taken from the English Penn set).
- Added the PronType=Prs feature to personal pronouns (also added Number, Person and Clusivity where missing).
- Added the PronType=Art feature to determiners.
- Added glosses in MISC.
- 2018-03-14 v0.1
- First release in UD
=== Machine-readable metadata (DO NOT REMOVE!) ================================ Data available since: UD v2.2 License: CC BY-SA 4.0 Includes text: yes Genre: grammar-examples Lemmas: manual native UPOS: manual native XPOS: not available Features: manual native Relations: manual native Contributors: Samson, Stephanie; Zeman, Daniel; Tan, Mary Ann C. Contributing: here Contact: email@example.com ===============================================================================