Children of Immigrants visualization
Version 2 built in 2015, originally built in 2012. Appendix
- First, run formatdata.R to format and combine separate metro & state datasets for visualization, saved in areadata.csv
- If numbers change siginificantly, run categorymaximums.R to update Y axis max values used in visualization, which are saved in categorymaximums.js
- Then, if included CBSAs have changed, run geodata.R to download & unzip Census shapefiles, create subsetted CBSA shapefile that includes analyzed CBSAs only, and create merged state + CBSA topojson
- Requires installation of gdal and topojson
- Edit text.js to update metric labels and category text as needed
- If adding additional years of data, add to animator.js layers, and edit linechart.js domain and data list.