Adds "soft"-delete support to CakePHP 3 tables.
composer require muffin/trash
You then need to load the plugin. You can use the shell command:
bin/cake plugin load Muffin/Trash
or by manually adding statement shown below to
In your table(s), add the behavior like you would for any other behavior:
// in the initialize() method $this->addBehavior('Muffin/Trash.Trash');
By default, the behavior will auto-detect the
DATETIME column used to track trashed (soft-deleted) records but
only if you are using
trashed as names. Otherwise, you could customize that when adding the behavior:
// in the initialize() method $this->addBehavior('Muffin/Trash.Trash', [ 'field' => 'deleted_at' ]);
or, at the global level, in
Finally, if you would like to keep the default cake behavior when running
delete() operations and
explicitly call the behavior when you need 'trash'-ing functionality, just disable the event(s):
// in the initialize() method $this->addBehavior('Muffin/Trash.Trash', [ 'events' => ['Model.beforeFind'] // enables the beforeFind event only, false to disable both ]);
If you'd like to have related records marked as trashed when deleting a parent item, you can just attach the behavior
to the related table classes, and set the
'dependent' => true, 'cascadeCallbacks' => true options in the table
This works on relationships where the item being deleted in the owning side of the relationship. Which means that the related table should contain the foreign key.
- onlyTrashed - helps getting only those trashed records.
- withTrashed - when filtering out the trashed records by default, this method comes in handy to have them included as part of certain calls.
- emptyTrash() - permanently deletes all trashed records.
- restoreTrash($entity = null, array $options = ) - restores one (or all) trashed records.
- cascadingRestoreTrash($entity = null, array $options = ) - restores one (or all) trashed records including those of dependent associations.
- trash($entity, array $options = ) - like
delete()but for a soft-delete (handy when
Model.beforeDeleteis disabled by default).
- trashAll(array $conditions) - like
deleteAll()but for soft-deletes.
Patches & Features
- Mod, fix
- Test - this is important, so it's not unintentionally broken
- Commit - do not mess with license, todo, version, etc. (if you do change any, bump them into commits of their own that I can ignore when I pull)
- Pull request - bonus point for topic branches
To ensure your PRs are considered for upstream, you MUST follow the CakePHP coding standards.