Name : uCareSystem License: GPL3 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html) Author : Salih Emin Email : salihemin (at) about.me Date : 25-01-2018 Version: 4.4.0 System : Ubuntu or Debian derivatives (Not tested every flavor) WebSite: http://utappia.org
Note: please use only **ucaresystem-core**. uCareSystem is the GUI version and currently it is not maintained and not up to date with the features that are integrated in ucaresystem-core.
In summary, ucaresystem Core automatically performs the following maintenance processes without any need of user interference :
- Updates the list of available packages
- Downloads and installs the available updates
- Checks if there are older Linux kernels on the system and removes them. However it keeps the current and one previous version of the kernel.
- Cleans the cache of the downloaded packages
- Removes obsolete packages
- Removes orphan packets
- Deletes package configuration files from packages that have been uninstalled by you.
Default system updates and maintenace for Ubuntu / debian / Linux Mint (and derivatives) :
When the next available release is availabe for Ubuntu (and official flavors) you can upgrade with '-u':
sudo ucaresystem-core -u
If you are a tester, developer, or simply an enthusiast, you can upgrade to the next development cycle of Ubuntu (and official flavors) with '-d':
sudo ucaresystem-core -d
If your Ubuntu (and official flavors) has reached the EOL support you can upgrade to the next supported release with '-eol':
sudo ucaresystem-core -eol
For information about the availabe parameters, start ucaresystem-core with '-h' parameter :
sudo ucaresystem-core -h