A Windows Explorer Context Menu extension to backup and restore folders to temporary storage.
For testing purposes of our CMS I often do the following steps:
- Copy a whole folder from somewhere onto my local PC.
- Do some (modifying) operations on this folder (during my tests).
- Delete the folder (after the tests).
- Start from item 1.
To simplify steps 3. and 4., I developed this Simple Backup extensions.
Using the application
The application consists of one single executable file. Download the file and double-click it to install.
There are now two new context menu entries "Backup" and "Restore" when you right-click a folder in Windows Explorer:
- The "Backup" option creates a backup.
- The "Restore" copies back a previously created backup.
To uninstall, go to Windows Control Panel and select "Simple Backup".
- 2015-05-30 - First release to GitHub.