This is the source code of the V-Play tutorial for creating an app with Firebase real-time database and login. For more information about this app, see https://v-play.net/cross-platform-app-development/firebase-qml-tutorial-android-ios-create-an-app-with-realtime-database-and-login.
The app uses the V-Play Firebase Plugin: https://v-play.net/doc/plugin-firebase/
Why use V-Play Plugins for your Apps and Games?
There is no need to re-invent the wheel when integrating third party services and platform-specific functionality to your Qt 5 apps & games. V-Play plugins save you weeks in comparison with in-house development, both during implementation and later on for maintaining and updating third-party libraries.
V-Play Plugins use native, platform-specific functionality, meaning that your app seamlessly integrates with existing platform experiences. They incorporate platform-specific human interface guidelines and follow best-practices down to the detail.
This game was made with V-Play Engine. You need the engine which is freely available on http://v-play.net/ for all desktop platforms. V-Play Plugins are only available starting with the V-Play Indie license and above. See http://v-play.net/pricing for more information.
- Go to http://v-play.net/, register, download and install the free V-Play SDK.
- Clone the repository.
- Create a valid V-Play license key that includes all the plugins at http://v-play.net/developers/license.
- Open the project file .pro in QtCreator (comes with V-Play SDK).
- Add the created license key to the App item in the Main.qml file of the project.
- Hit run to start the app.
Note: The Firebase plugin only works on mobile platforms like Android or iOS. See http://v-play.net/doc/vplay-deployment/ to learn how to deploy a V-Play App to mobile devices.
Where to get help
Currently there are no features open, but if you like to contribute use the code standards coming with the V-Play SDK.
- Forum: https://v-play.net/developers/forums/
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/vplayengine/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vplayengine/
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The app sourcecode is released under the MIT license.
Permission is NOT granted to merge, publish, distribute, sublicense and/or sell the provided image, audio and video files of this software.