The future of Smart Cities
VITAL is an ambitious R&D programme to develop a prototype application platform that will revolutionise real-time, location-based provision of goods and services in future smart cities, by integrating and interacting with a multitude of different Internet of Things data sources and systems.
- Author: VITAL
- Summary: This is the VITAL Integrated Platform
- Target Project: VITAL (http://vital-iot.eu/)
- Source: http://gitlab.atosresearch.eu/vital-iot/vital-iot.git
For this project you need:
- Java 8.0 (Java SDK 1.8) (http://openjdk.java.net or https://www.oracle.com/java/index.html)
- Maven 3.1 or better (https://maven.apache.org/)
- Wildfly 9.0.X (http://www.wildfly.org)
- MongoDB 3.2 (https://www.mongodb.org)
- Node.js (https://nodejs.org/)
- Grunt (http://gruntjs.com/)
- Bower (http://bower.io/)
Follow installation instructions of Java, Maven, Wildfly, MongoDB and NodeJS for your system
Install grunt and bower with the following commands:
npm install -g grunt-cli npm install -g bower
Open a command line and navigate to the home directory of MongoDB
Start mongo with (replace MONGO_HOME with the actual directory of mongo):
For Linux: $MONGO_HOME/bin/mongod --dbpath $MONGO_HOME/data For Windows: %MONGO_HOME%\bin\mongod --dbpath %MONGO_HOME%/data
Check that mongo is started and listens to connections on localhost and port 27017 (default).
Copy files from folder wildfly in project to the application server
cp ./wildfly/* $WILDFLY_HOME/standalone/configuration/
- Check that the properties in vital-properties.xml reflect your environment
Open a command line and navigate to the root of the Wildfly server directory.
The following shows the command line to start the server with the web profile:
For Linux: $WILDFLY_HOME/bin/standalone.sh -c standalone-vital.xml For Windows: %WILDFLY_HOME%\bin\standalone.bat -c standalone-vital.xml
Build and Deploy the VITAL Platform
Checkout the code from the repository:
git clone http://gitlab.atosresearch.eu/vital-iot/vital-iot.git git submodule init git submodule update
- The project uses git submodules, check https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Tools-Submodules for more details.
Make sure you have started the Wildfly Server as described above.
Open a command line and navigate to the root directory of the project.
Type this command to build and deploy the archive:
mvn clean package wildfly:deploy
This will deploy all VITAL components to the running instance of the server.
Access the application
Undeploy the VITAL Platform
Make sure you have started the JBoss Server as described above.
Open a command line and navigate to the root directory of this quickstart.
When you are finished testing, type this command to undeploy the archive: