The official 4.1 release contains the following:
- Fixed a bug that created a memory leak in less reliable networks
- Added aliases for volttron-ctl, volttron-cfg and volttron-pkg (vctl, vcfg, and vpkg respectively)
- New install-agent script - allows easier scripting of agent installations for larger deployments
- Made it easier to authorize external agent connections using the following commands
- Added new commands for exposing auth related information:
- vctl auth publickey
- vctl auth serverkey
- Added volttron-start and volttron-stop scripts for consistent starting and stopping of the platform without having to be in an activated environment.
- Swapped out a memory leaking charting library for a new one
- Added Device Configuration UI which allows remote BACnet device detection and driver setup
- Only the connecting platform has the ability to register with VOLTTRON Central .
- Improved performance of the backup cache
- Improved performance of the MongoDB historian (Used by PNNL with over 2.5 billion datapoints currently)
- Added Crate historian
- Updated ForwardHistorian - can now be configured to verify specific agents are running on the remote instance.
- Improved command line BACnet scan for large scale deployments
- Better performance on low power devices which do not implement the entire BACnet interface
New Core Agents
- AgentWatcher - Sends alerts when configured agent identities are not present on the message bus.
- ThresholdAgent - Sends alerts when configured topics are out of specified range.
- EmailerAgent - Emails administrators when alerts happen (has a time delay mechanism so that admins aren't spammed by the same error)
Issues Resolved 4.1 release https://github.com/VOLTTRON/volttron/issues?q=is%3Aissue+milestone%3A%22VOLTTRON+4.1%22+is%3Aclosed
Commits since 4.0.1 release releases/4.0.1...releases/4.1