Contributing to VPN.ht
To run the app in development:
npm start will download and install Electron.
Building & Release
npm run release
Note: This architecture is work in progress and doesn't reflect the current state of the app, yet!
╔═════════╗ ╔════════╗ ╔═════════════════╗ ║ Actions ║──────>║ Stores ║──────>║ View Components ║ ╚═════════╝ ╚════════╝ ╚═════════════════╝ ^ │ └──────────────────────────────────────┘
There are three primary types of objects:
- Actions: Interact with the system (OpenVPN, Hub, etc)
- Views: Views make up the UI, and trigger available actions.
- Stores: Stores store the state of the application.
and since VPN.ht has a large amount of interaction with outside systems, we've added utils:
- Utils: Utils interact with APIs, outside systems, CLI tools and generate. They are called by user-generated actions and in return, also create actions based on API return values, CLI output etc.
- Avoid asynchronous code in Actions, Stores or Views. Instead, put code involving callbacks, promises or generators in utils or actions.
Copyright and License
Code released under the GPLv3. Images are copyrighted by VPN.ht Limited