Replacement vphysics module for the source engine (formerly just garry's mod)
You can download vphysics here (courtesy of Gran PC)
- Copy vphysics.dll to the engine bin directory (parent folder is the one that contains hl2.exe, e.g. <username>/garrysmod/bin)
- Run the game.
You may have to repeat these steps if the game updates!
- Absolutely nothing! Everything needed included in ./thirdparty
This library uses git submodules. In order to set those up, after cloning the repository, issue these commands:
git submodule init # And to update submodules: git submodule update
Alternatively, you can also clone the repository with the --recursive switch, as so:
git clone --recursive <url>
Submodules will need to be compiled separately from vphysics if required (atleast until a script is setup)
- Visual studio 2012 projects provided
- You must configure the library paths manually (sorry!)
- Optionally, premake scripts are provided in the proj folder
- You need to have the game you're building for installed, as vphysics needs to dynamically link to some modules. Configure the path in ./src/Makefile
- You can use the build.sh provided in the root directory to compile vphysics. Optional arguments are -numthreads <count> and -clean (make clean before make)
On Windows, you can set the environmental variable "VPHYSICS_GAME_PATH" to the directory that contains hl2.exe and vphysics will automatically be copied over.
Please make the code in your pull requests look neat, and have the commits be granular (handle one thing at a time). They will only be pulled if they're in the same coding style as the surrounding code (don't make your code stand out!)