Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
SDK Release 1.0.0:
- Added VREvent_ApplicationListUpdated event. This is sent whenever an application manifest is added, removed, or updated.
- Added VREvent_ModelSkinSettingsHaveChanged event. This is sent when the user has selected a new controller or base station/camera replacement model. If your application uses the IVRRenderModel interface to load the user's actual controllers it should reload them after receiving this event.
- Added GetRenderModelOriginalPath function. This returns the non-overridden full path to the render model so controller/base station/camera skinning can be avoided if the application requires it.
- Added GetRenderModelThumbnailURL function. This returns a URL (usually to a file) for a 4x3 aspect ratio thumbnail image that can be used to preview the render model.
- Added GetRenderModelErrorNameFromEnum so applications don't need to provide their own lookup table to interpret these errors.
- Added cumulative stats tracked per-application and associated accessor.
- Added interface to access the mirror textures (per-eye). This is the undistorted view with chaperone and overlays (e.g. dashboard) drawn on top.
- Added preliminary support for screenshots. This interface is not stable yet and should be ignored for now.
- Exposed the initial version. Provides developers access to poll streaming frames from the HMD front facing camera with the associated tracked HMD pose. The image is available as either a pre-corrected distorted view or corrected undistorted view.
- Added a thin Qt example for getting and showing the camera image/pose.
- Added interface to get size of a texture used by an overlay. This is useful when setting the overlay texture by filename.
- Added ability to render side-by-side stereo content and panoramas.
- IVRCameraComponent is still in a development phase.
- Added provider method GetInterfaceVersions. This contains all the version numbers of the other interfaces in the driver. Drivers should return vr::k_InterfaceVersions from the version of openvr_driver.h that they were compiled against.
- GetTrackedDeviceDriver and FindTrackedDeviceDriver no longer take an interface version. The caller will expect the version of the interface returned in GetInterfaceVesions()
- Fixed compile error around glDebugMessageCallback that could happen with certain versions of the OpenGL headers.
- Fixed compile error from LoadRenderModel->LoadRenderModel_Async name change.
- Fixed compile error from LoadTexture->LoadTexture_Async name change.