Portal 2 Linux Port
This is the README for the Portal 2 Linux port.
Please use this repository to report bugs for Portal 2 on Linux.
The language used for this tracker is English. If this is a challenge, please consider using an online translator to convert your post into English. This does not extend to system information, but rather, only to actual report text.
There are basic rules of conduct that should be followed at all times by everyone participating in the discussions. While this is generally a relaxed environment, please remember the following:
- Do not insult, harass, or demean anyone.
- Do not intentionally multi-post an issue.
- Do not use ALL CAPS when creating an issue report.
- Do not repeatedly update an open issue remarking that the issue persists.
Remember: Just because the issue you reported was reported here does not mean that it is an issue with Portal 2. As well, should your issue not be resolved immediately, it does not mean that a resolution is not being researched or tested. Patience is always appreciated.
If you encounter a bug while using Portal 2, first search the issue list to see if it has already been reported. Include closed issues in your search.
If it has not been reported, create a new issue with at least the following information:
- a short, descriptive title;
- a detailed description of the issue, including any output from the command line;
- steps for reproducing the issue; and
- your system information.
Your system information must include:
- your Linux distro
- your Desktop/Window Manager
- your Graphics card info (manufacturer, card version), any and all graphics driver versions
- anything else that you think may be useful (mouse/keyboard, filesystem type, etc).
The preferred and easiest way to get this information is from Steam's Hardware Information viewer from the menu (
Help -> System Information).
Once your information appears: right-click within the dialog, choose
Select All, right-click again, and then choose
Paste this information into your report, preferably in a code block or a gist.
Driver Contact Information
Some of the issue you may be experiencing are due to the various video drivers. Here is an incomplete list of places that you might be able to file bugs or get additional help:
AMD Steam Linux forum for reporting compatibility and performance issues with AMD hardware:
The AMD Open Source driver is a part of Mesa, so use the links under "Intel" to report issues with it.
For discussions, there is the mesa-users email list:
Bugs and feature requests should be logged in bugzilla:
NVIDIA supported drivers
Open Source NVIDIA driver (nouveau)
If you know of any other places, please let us know.