SURLS: Simple URL Shortener
SURLS is a simple URL shortener written in PHP based on Apache RewriteRule Directive
- Single file based and portable
- Don't need any additional configuration with majority of Apache installation
.htaccessinto your website home directory.
surls.phpwith a text editor and change the default username/password
example.com/surls.phpto use it
I want to try it before installing
- Visit https://surls.varunagw.com/ for a demo
- Use username/password as admin/password
What is the URL of aliases created by it?
They can be accessed either of these ways:
Instead of a simple redirect, I want to execute a custom function and optionally redirect
surls_functions.phpin the same directory which contains surls.php
- Add your function into it
- Make sure to create a dummy alias with the same name that you want to be processed by the function
- You can also download surls_functions.php for a template.
I want some basic tracking too!
- Create a bit.ly aliases for your favorite URL
- Make SURLS alias points to
biy.lylink instead of the original URL
The redirect flow will be like
example.com/alias -> bit.ly/abc -> boogle.com