Varying Vagrant Vagrants
- Latest Stable: 2.4.0 master branch
- Web: https://varyingvagrantvagrants.org/
- Contributing: Contributions are more than welcome. Please see our current contributing guidelines. Thanks!
VVV is under the MIT License.
- Approachable development environment with a modern server configuration.
- Stable state of software and configuration in default provisioning.
- Excellent and clear documentation to aid in learning and scaffolding.
VVV is ideal for developing themes and plugins, as well as for contributing to WordPress core.
Minimum System requirements
VVV is built on a Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty) base VM and provisions the server with current versions of several software packages, including:
- Nginx (mainline)
- MariaDB 10.1.x (drop-in replacement for MySQL)
- PHP FPM 7.2.x
- NodeJs v10
For a more comprehensive list, please see the list of installed packages.
How to Use VVV
VVV requires recent versions of both Vagrant and VirtualBox.
Vagrant is a "tool for building and distributing development environments". It works with virtualization software such as VirtualBox to provide a virtual machine sandboxed from your local environment.
Besides VirtualBox, provider support is also included for Parallels, Hyper-V, VMWare Fusion, and VMWare Workstation.
The online documentation contains detailed installation instructions.
Full documentation can be found on the varyingvagrantvagrants.org website.
A full list of contributors can be found here.