This is the source (including the data) for the Awesome Logos website.
In order to be truly awesome, a logo website has to:
- have SVG logos
- that look good
- that I can index
- and you are allowed to use (and for more than just “inspiration”!)
- without being bombarded with advertising
Enough reading already! Just show me the list for crying out loud!
Go to www.AwesomeLogos.org and search for something!
Click on a logo to go to the source. You will need to check the source's license before re-using.
If you want to add a repo, please submit a github issue
Code contributions are also welcome! Please follow the standard Github Fork & Pull Request Workflow
See the to do list for a list of things that are planned.
While there is an internal API, it is not meant for public consumption. It is running on a low-end server and will fall down if subjected to a serious load.
But feel free to run your own copy...
There are two main parts:
- Various cron jobs that update the search data. This code is in
/bin. Currently the only one is a git repo loader.
- A web server, written in TypeScript/node.js. This code is in
The search data is stored in the
/logos directory. It consists of a directory for each
logo source, with a
sourceData.json and optionally a local copy of the logos.
The cron job gets public git repos (and stores them in the
/cache directory) and copies the svgs to
- The list is CC0
- The logos are the property of their original owners.
- The source code for the website is GNU Affero General Public License v3.0