Author: Tim Braga
The Field Suite module provides Sitecore users a more streamlined and informational approach to content authoring. This is achieved by revamping 5 field types, introducing an Images field, enabling automatic publishing of referenced items and adding new functionality such as the Edit Form, Go to Item button and the Field Gutter.I strongly encourage you to read the Instructional Guide Instructional Guide which provides descriptions for each piece of functionality that is included in the Field Suite, explains how the configuration file is structured and how to make customizations to the module.
The Field Suite provides the following functionality:
- Referenced item hover, displaying tooltips that show an item�s path
- Auto-Publishing of referenced items
- In-line editing of referenced items using the Edit Form modal
- Direct Navigation to a referenced item using the Go to Item button
- Green and red circles enabling content authors to see if the referenced item is published or not (from the Published Item Comparer module).
- 5 revamped fields types (multilist, treelist, treelistEx, droplink and droptree)
- Introduction of the Images Field type
####Update v1.2 (2014-01-27)
- Now compatible with Sitecore 7.1
- Removed Sitecore .aspx files from package