This is the Git repository that contains the content for help.venuedriver.com. The content is structured for a Ruby-based static HTML pre-processor called Jekyll.
To get the project:
- Clone this project from GitHub.
- Optional: create an RVM gemset and .rvmrc for the project. Suggested .rvmrc contents: "rvm 1.8.7@help-venuedriver-com"
- Install the Bundler Ruby gem with "gem install bundler"
- Install Jekyll with "bundle install"
- Run the Jekyll pre-processor and server with "jekyll --server". You can now see the web site at http://localhost:4000 in a web browser.
To edit the content:
- Edit, add, delete files, and check the results in the browser. Don't edit files without checking the results in the browser!
- AFTER you have checked your results in a web browser, commit your changes with Git. ("git add .", "git commit -m 'I changed something.'")
- Push your new commit back to GitHub with "git push".
To publish updates:
- Merge the master branch into the "gh-pages" branch, which is the branch that is published by GitHub Pages.
- Push the update to the gh-pages branch to GitHub with "git push".
- There is no step 3. GitHub will automatically run Jekyll when you push your update to the "gh-pages" branch, and your static HTML results will be published at http://help.venuedriver.com