[VS-2018-26] KioskSimple for Windows Privilege Escalation Vulnerability
KioskSimple for Windows
KioskSimpleService.exe 126.96.36.199 suffers from a privilege escalation vulnerability in the WCF endpoint. The exposed methods allow read and write access to the Windows registry and control of services. These methods may be abused to achieve privilege escalation via execution of attacker controlled binaries.
RedSwimmer engineers will look at the vulnerability.
- 06-11-2018 - Vendor disclosure via email
- 06-11-2018 - Vendor disclosure via support web form
- 06-18-2018 - Vendor contact via phone
- 06-18-2018 - Vendor response
- 07-02-2018 - VerSprite Security confirms the vulnerability is still unresolved
- 07-02-2018 - Vendor notified of advisory release
Ben Larkin of VerSprite Security (@Mental_3ntropy)