Good Cents: API
Good Cents is an app that allows a user to collect the 'spare change' from their credit card transactions and reallocate it toward a goal or charitable donation each week, or each month.
- Set a bank account to collect the 'spare change' (rounding up to the next dollar) from transactions
- Allow users to cash out spare change against goals or possibly pause collection for time period
- Users can allocate change to two types of cash outs:
- Donation Driven: Calculate your spare change over a set time period, and use that allocated money toward a charity or other cause.
- Goal Driven: Set a specific goal amount and/or purpose that your spare change is going towards, either a new goal or an existing goal in your Simple account.
- Server (models):
- Client (components):
- Spare Change counter
- Goal progress bars
- "Add To Goal" buttons - when hovering over, would raise goal bars with amount of spare change.
- "Donate Now" button - takes you to a donation page
- MVP: Dropdown list: Choose what and how much you want to allocate towards a goal or donation.
- Minimum transfer limit: $10. (This helps us avoid getting hit with transaction fees)
- Transaction Log: Transation and change stored from transaction
- STRETCH: Allow users to choose what transactions they're skimming change from.
Third Party APIs:
- Web script for donations
- Keeley Hammond
- Ivy Patton
- Chris Wallace
To our friends and families, the team at Code Fellows, Marty Nelson and many more.