Necessary preparations for Windows 7
Before installing the bus driver on Windows 7 (x86 or x64) the following 3rd party software has to be installed:
- Xbox 360 Accessories Software 1.2 (contains the missing device drivers). Direct links:
- Microsoft Security Advisory 3033929 Update has to be installed to support the drivers signature. Download links:
- Added new user-land API
Returns the user index of the emulated Xenon device. This value correspondents to the
(zero-based) index number representing the player number via LED present on a
physical controller and is compatible to the dwUserIndex propery of the XInput* APIs.
- Licensed under GPL-3
- From now on distributed via multi-arch self-contained auto-updating setup
- Auto-updater included (checks for updates daily silently in the background, can be disabled by user)
- WHQL tested and signed
- Project now under the wings of Nefarius Software Solutions e.U.
- Official icon
Starting with this release the PowerShell-way of distribution is officially deprecated and will be put offline soon. Every new release will appear on GitHub. No need to uninstall older revisions, the setup will take care of that including the removal of multiple instances.
Update 10.05.2019: version
ViGEmBus_Setup_1.16.115.exe is a hotfix setup resolving an issue causing the installation to fail on Windows 7 under certain circumstances. Use this instead.