Simple video chat application using Vidyo.io on Android
For an instructional video detailing how to build this app, take a look at this Blog Post. Take note that there have been some minor changes to the API since the video was recorded, most of which are related to the case of the methods, enums, etc.
Acquire .jar and .so Files
- Download the latest Vidyo.io Android SDK package: https://static.vidyo.io/latest/package/VidyoClient-AndroidSDK.zip
- Copy all files located at VidyoClient-AndroidSDK/lib/android to the VidyoIODemo/app/libs directory.
Note: VidyoClient SDK version 22.214.171.124 or greater is required. The version of the SDK that you are acquiring is highlighted in the blue box here: https://developer.vidyo.io/documentation/latest
Build and Run Application
- In Android Studio, use Import project to open and import the Android project for the app: VidyoIODemo
- Open the source file VidyoIODemo/app/src/main/java/com/example/pfuternik/vidyoiodemo/MainActivity.java and update the token value "InsertValidTokenHere" with a valid generated token. See the Token section of the Documentation at https://developer.vidyo.io for more info on generating tokens or watch an instructional video here.
- Connect an Android device to your computer via USB.
- In Android Studio, run the app. Android Studio builds, loads, and runs the app on an Android device.