Vidyo.io iOS app featuring ability to switch between composited and custom layouts. This app highlights some important items which are not found in the standard VidyoConnector iOS app (found here: https://developer.vidyo.io/packages) :
- How to create a custom layout video chat. The custom layout view controller has 4 views - 1 for the local camera (preview) and 3 for cameras of remote participants.
- How to properly release a Connector object when switching between view controllers.
- Download the latest Vidyo.io iOS SDK package: https://static.vidyo.io/latest/package/VidyoClient-iOSSDK.zip
- Copy the framework located at VidyoClient-iOSSDK/lib/ios/VidyoClientIOS.framework to the lib/ios directory under where this repository was cloned.
Note: VidyoClient SDK version 220.127.116.11 or greater is required. The version of the SDK that you are acquiring is highlighted in the blue box here: https://developer.vidyo.io/documentation/latest
Build and Run Application
- Open the project samples/VidyoConnector/ios/VidyoConnector-iOS.xcodeproj in Xcode 8.0 or later.
- Connect an iOS device to your computer via USB.
- Select the iOS device as the build target of your application.
- Build and run the application on the iOS device.
- The layout that you are currently using is displayed in blue in the center of the screen: either "Custom Layout" or "Composited Layout". You can switch between layouts by clicking on that text.