This projects entails a structure to compile complex LaTeX documents consisting of:
- Several self-supporting sub-documents
- A master file consisting of these self-supporting documents.
such that it is possible to:
- Compile just 1 of the sub-documents
- Compile all of the sub-documents
- Compile the master document
with the least amount of manual effort. This project started since I needed an efficient way to compile my PhD thesis, while makelatex did not seem to offer the freedom I needed.
Note that this supports parallel compilation for the sub-documents, so run make -j all to save a lot of time!
My dissertation style
I have also included the configuration I used for my dissertation; feel free to use this code if you want to!