MiniGUI Supplementary Documents
Good software requires good documentation, especially system software like MiniGUI. However, maintaining documentation for a complex software system is a lot more difficult than maintaining its source code.
It sounds like documents are always better than no documents, but if the documents are outdated or containing errors, the damage will be even greater. There is a saying "Source code is the best document." Therefore, we don't particularly want to spend a lot of time writing and maintaining documentation.
On the other hand, facing some new features, developers, especially the beginners, still need some basic documents or guides to quickly understand how these new features work and how to use them.
In the past many years, we have accumulated a large number of MiniGUI documents, including user manuals, programming guides, and so on. With the releases of new MiniGUI versions (like MiniGUI 3.2 and MiniGUI 4.0), it doesn't make much sense to update or rewrite these documents thoroughly just for the new features.
Therefore, we plan to write some new documents or guides on GitHub Wiki, by supplementing the existing documents instead of updating them. These documents are not be very detailed, but will give the main points and related sample programs to help you quickly grasp the relevant features.
We call these documents "MiniGUI Supplementary Documents".
Features for Version 4.0 or later
- Release Notes for MiniGUI 4.0 - Enhancements and changes of MiniGUI 4.0.x.
- Write DRI Engine Driver for Your GPU - Writea DRI engine driver to exploit the hardware accelerating functions of your GPU.
- Support and Use Extra Input Messages - Support and use extra input messages.
- Use Enhanced Font Interfaces - Understand and use enhanced font intefaces of MiniGUI 4.0.
- Show Text in Complex/Mixed Scripts - Lay out, shape, and render text in complex or mixed scripts.
Features for Version 3.2 or later
- Release Notes for MiniGUI 3.2 - Enhancements and changes of MiniGUI 3.2.x.
- Use CommLCD NEWGAL Engine and Comm IAL Engine - Define external stubs to implement your CommLCD engine and Comm IAL engine outside MiniGUI Core.
- Use Images and Fonts on System without File System - Build source for incore images and fonts, and load them for your MiniGUI apps.
- Use SyncUpdateDC to Reduce Screen Flicker - Use MiniGUI's synchronous update mechanism to reduce screen flicker.
- Write MiniGUI Apps for 64-bit Platforms - Describe the things you need to be aware of when developing MiniGUI apps for 64-bit platforms.
Copyright © 2003 ~ 2019, Beijing FMSoft Technologies Co., Ltd.
All rights reserved.