VirtoCommerce.AzureSearch module implements ISearchProvider defined in the VirtoCommerce.Core module and uses cloud search service Azure Search.
Installing the module:
- Automatically: in VC Manager go to Modules > Available, select the Azure Search module and click Install.
- Manually: download module ZIP package from https://github.com/VirtoCommerce/vc-module-azure-search/releases. In VC Manager go to Modules > Advanced, upload module package and click Install.
The search configuration string is a text string consisting of name/value pairs seaprated by semicolon (;). Name and value are separated by equal sign (=). For Azure Search provider the configuration string must have four parameters:
- provider is the name of the search provider and must be AzureSearch
- ServiceName or server is the name of the search service instance in your Azure account (https://SERVICENAME.search.windows.net).
- AccessKey or key is the primary or secondary admin key for this search service.
- scope is a common name (prefix) of all indexes. Each document type is stored in a separate index. Full index name is
scope-documenttype. One search service can serve multiple indexes.
You can configure the search configuration string either in the VC Manager UI or in VC Manager web.config. Web.config has higher priority.
- VC Manager: Settings > Search > General > Search configuration string
- web.config: connectionStrings > SearchConnectionString:
<connectionStrings> <add name="SearchConnectionString" connectionString="provider=AzureSearch;server=servicename;key=accesskey;scope=default" /> </connectionStrings>
- Collections in a document can only contain strings. This means you cannot index a document with a collection of numbers.
- Document field names can only contain letters, digits and underscores. When indexing a document with invalid characters in a field name, all such characters will be replaced with an underscore, which can lead to duplicate fields.
Copyright (c) Virto Solutions LTD. All rights reserved.
Licensed under the Virto Commerce Open Software License (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.