Welcome to the Hackathon-Team-BusOne wiki!
Match people together algorithmically so that people with like hobbies and personalities are able to be matched for a mentoring program.
Why do this?
Mentoring is most successful when the mentor/mentee have a personal connection and share things in common other than the technology or career goal. The goal is to increase the likelihood of a successful mentoring engagement by better matching people at the outset.
How we build it
Tools that we will use
- GitHub for collaboration, task/feature management, and code sharing
- Algorithmia for matching algorithm
- Slack for chat and possibly web hook integration
- Ecamm Live to broadcast the craziness
- Skype for video chatting
- A survey tool of some kind
- Information which will be used to match people (mentoring goal, hobbies, work experience, music, movies)
- Way to collect and store information
- Algorithm to do matching based on personality criteria
- Data formatted in a way to process algorithmically
- Location for all people will be Moscone Center 37.7843° N, 122.4007° W
Day Two - After the Hackathon
- Create a profile
- Update my information