Virtual Trucker Rich Presence Lite
A lighter version of the tool to let others see your current job, truck, etc. using Discord Rich Presence!
Here's our Discord server for support: https://discord.gg/Zt49WDH
ETCARS 0.15.386 is required for the RPC to work, older versions will not work.
Things to note!
- TruckersMP has their own Rich Presence which needs to be disabled in MP Settings!
- Due to a few problems with previous ETCARS, you will need to install ETCARS 0.15.386 from our installer.
- IF YOU HAVE ETCARS INSTALLED, PLEASE REINSTALL IT WITH ONE INCLUDED WITH VT-RPC!
IF YOU HAVE THE FULL VT-RPC, UNINSTALL IT BEFORE USING THIS! IF YOU ARE UPGRADING FROM VT-RPC LITE TO THE FULL VT-RPC, UNINSTALL THIS FIRST!
- Completely Rewritten and lite-er than ever!
- Added MP Information to the small image (hover)
- Better display of information in Rich Presence
Use in end user environment
- Install VT-RPC Lite using a release installation package from Releases Page.
Take a look to User Guide for further details.
Use in development environment
But here is the most important information:
- ETCARS 0.15.386 - https://etcars.menzelstudios.com/
- NodeJS 12.13.1 - https://nodejs.org/download/release/v12.13.1/node-v12.13.1-x64.msi
- Git - https://git-scm.com
- Install and download the required programs.
- Open cmd/powershell by holding shift while right clicking inside the VT-RPC directory.
- Install the required node modules by typing "npm i" in PS/CMD.
- Start the rich presence by typing "node index.js --dev". (--dev not required but recommended)
- Start ETS2/ATS.
- Select that and start playing!
Prepare for distribution
npm run compile.
- Bundled exe will be written in
Create installation package
- Install InnoSetup 5.6.1 - http://files.jrsoftware.org/is/5/innosetup-5.6.1.exe (YOU WILL NEED INNOSETUP 5!)
- Install Inno Download Plugin - https://bit.ly/2KnepSA
setup\InnoSetup.isswith InnoSetup and compile it
iscc .\setup\InnoSetupScript.iss(Add to PATH variable env
C:\Program Files (x86)\Inno Setup 5)
- Installation package will be written in
Why there is a VBScript in this project?
RunHidden.vbs to run a packaged node.js app windowless in windows. So, the application is launched from that vbscript.
- --dev : enable verbose development logging and dev environment behaviour
- --logetcarsdata : prints in console every ETCARS data received
- --logallactivity : prints in console every activity sent to Discord
Credits To Staff
SgtBreadStick: Coding, Images, Guides, Website Developer.
jammerxd: ETCARS plugin, compatibility with ETCARS.
Cody™: Bot Development.
Lasse: Initial project, coding.
dowmeister: ETCARS plugin, coding, Trucky & Trucky API.
Rein: Previous Images.