Virtual Trucker Rich Presence
An easy tool to let others see your current job, truck, etc. using Discord Rich Presence!
Here's our Discord server for support: https://discord.gg/Zt49WDH
ETCARS 0.15.386 is required for the RPC to work, older versions will not work.
THIS VERSION INCLUDES ETCARS 0.15.386, YOU MUST DO A FULL INSTALL FOR THIS TO WORK
Things to note!
- TruckersMP has their own Rich Presence which needs to be disabled in MP Settings!
- Due to a few problems with previous ETCARS, you will need to install ETCARS 0.15.386 from our installer.
- Promods is only supported on MP or via the developer argument
- IF YOU HAVE ETCARS INSTALLED, PLEASE REINSTALL IT WITH ONE INCLUDED WITH VT-RPC!
- Added International truck brand to support list (or as SCS calls it, intnational..)
- Fixed version number is large image hover text
- Added Speed again (When engine is turned on)
- Removed duplicate functions
- Added current vehicle info when doing a delivery
- Changed "In (CITY)" to "At (CITY)"
- Other minor fixes
- Updated Node Packages
- Changed Node-Notifier (snoreToast & notifu64) files in .iss script
- Fixed multiplayer "undefined" error when game is loading
- No longer shows generic truck icon when game is loading
- Better game loading detection and status (code)
- Updated node packages
- Now using NodeJS version 12.13.0
- Removed Speed & Server Stats
- Removed " | ProMods" text
- Removed MP Server Stats Checker
- Removed Job Income from Large Image Hover
- Removed Night image(s) due to technical issues
- Moved most of code to prevent issues
- Removed un-needed functions
- Removed un-needed node packages
- Memory leaking (Highly rare)
- VT-RPC crashing randomly (reboot vtrpc to fix)
- VT-RPC status freezing on discord (reboot vtrpc to fix)
- After a while of being in-game, VT-RPC info may be delayed on discord
- VT-RPC not displaying on game launch (reboot vtrpc to fix)
Use in end user environment
- Install Virtual Trucker Rich Presence using a release installation package from Releases Page .
Take a look to User Guide for further details.
Use in development environment
But here is the most important information:
- ETCARS 0.15.386 - https://etcars.menzelstudios.com/
- NodeJS 10.9.0 - https://nodejs.org/download/release/v10.9.0/node-v10.9.0-x64.msi
- Git - https://git-scm.com
- Install and download the required programs.
- Open cmd/powershell by holding shift while right clicking inside the VT-RPC directory.
- Install the required node modules by typing "npm i" in PS/CMD.
- Start the rich presence by typing "node index.js --dev". (--dev not required but recommended)
- Start ETS2/ATS.
- Select that and start playing!
Prepare for distribution
npm run compile.
- Bundled exe will be written in
Create installation package
- Install InnoSetup 5.6.1 - http://files.jrsoftware.org/is/5/innosetup-5.6.1.exe (YOU WILL NEED INNOSETUP 5!)
- Install Inno Download Plugin - https://bit.ly/2KnepSA
setup\InnoSetup.isswith InnoSetup and compile it
iscc .\setup\InnoSetupScript.iss(Add to PATH variable env
C:\Program Files (x86)\Inno Setup 5)
- Installation package will be written in
Why there is a VBScript in this project?
RunHidden.vbs to run a packaged node.js app windowless in windows. So, the application is launched from that vbscript.
vtrpc.log is written in:
Startup parameters & Auto Run Scripts
Auto Run Scripts
This is for those who just want to run it with 1 click. All scripts are located in "auto run scripts" folder
- Run as dev : Runs with --dev argument
- Run as standard : Runs as standard application
- Run with ETCars data : Runs with --logetcarsdata argument (Testing purposes)
- Run with Discord data : Runs with --logallactivity argument (Testing purposes)
- Run with ProMods mode : Runs with --promods & --dev arguments (Testing purposes)
IF YOU HAPPEN TO RUN INTO ISSUES OR IT RANDOMLY CLOSES THE WINDOW, RUN MANUAL WITH ARGUMENTS!
Manual Startup Arguments
- --dev : enable verbose development logging and dev environment behaviour
- --promods : enables promods mode, doesn't do much but change images
- --logetcarsdata : prints in console every ETCARS data received
- --logallactivity : prints in console every activity sent to Discord
- --clientConfiguration : specify clientconfiguration.json path
Credits To Staff
SgtBreadStick: Coding, Images, Guides, Website Developer.
jammerxd: ETCARS plugin, compatibility with ETCARS.
Cody™: Bot Development.
Heyhococo: Testing, Mac Testing.
Lasse: Initial project, coding.
dowmeister: ETCARS plugin, coding, Trucky & Trucky API.
Rein: Previous Images.