A set of instrumentation for Rails and common libraries.
Rails 3 works out of the box. Other frameworks must run
StatsD::DefaultInstrumentation.detect! after loading the app's libraries.
The following options are supported and are configured with
StatsD::DefaultInstrumentation.option = value
- prefix: Sets the stat name prefix string. By default this "rails_env.your_app_name" in Rails 3, or "default_instrumentation" in other frameworks.
- Count of requests grouped by response code. Example: requests.200
Supported clients: memcache-client, memcached
- Timing of each operation. Example: memcache.set
- Count of hits/misses for get operations as memcache.hit and memcache.miss
Supported clients: redis-rb
- Timing of each operation. Example: redis.get