Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
This Github wiki for the VoltDB project will focus on documentation for those looking to build, modify and understand the VoltDB source code. It is not the best place to get started for those wishing to merely use VoltDB. Here are some other resources:
- If you'd like to understand more about VoltDB from a high level: http://voltdb.com/product
- If you're looking for VoltDB user documentation: http://docs.voltdb.com
- If you're looking to download binary VoltDB: https://www.voltdb.com/landing/download/
If you're still here, hooray! Know that this Wiki will likely be continually a W.I.P. Please let us know if content is broken or out of date. Feel free to fix content if you know how it should be fixed. We love hearing from our open source users and developers.
Contributing to VoltDB
We welcome contributions to the VoltDB community edition. Before we can accept pull requests and other contributions, however, we need each contributor to sign a Contributor License Agreement (CLA). This agreement can be found here. To submit a scanned copy of the agreement, or to ask a question about contributing, please email email@example.com.
Getting In Touch
- VoltDB Stack Overflow – Create threads, post responses and search existing posts on our community forums at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/voltdb
- VoltDB Slack Channel – Get an invite to chat with VoltDB users and developers at http://chat.voltdb.com
While this is Github, a pull request should probably not be the first we hear from you. Get in touch with us in our Slack Channel and and we'll see how we can work together.
- Reasons Behind the VoltDB Architecture
- How VoltDB Does Transactions (PDF)
- Transactions and Consistency FAQ
Contents (Red links are TODOs)
- Getting Set Up
- Digging Into Code
- VoltDB Internals
- VoltDB Application Development