Dungeon of the Mighty Titan - Vanquish
A multiplayer video game built using Unreal Engine 4 that allows for 3 to 5 players to fight AI controlled monsters in a dungeon-like setting.
Over the years, there has been a surge in popularity of massively multiplayer online games. One prominent feature of these games is the dungeon raiding mechanics they employ. Players form groups to fight hordes of enemies and powerful bosses as they travel through dungeons in order to obtain rare items. However, players will usually have to play for many hours before they can experience these adventures, as they require high-leveled and well-equipped characters to survive. With our game, players will be able to form a group and raid dungeons right from the beginning.
Requirements to Run Software
To execute the standalone video game program:
- Recommended System Requirements (Tentative)
- OS: Windows OS (tested at 7 or newer).
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.10 GHz
- Memory: 4GB System RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 5 GB
- Video Card: Radeon HD 7700 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
- DirectX: 11.0
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
- Internet: A broadband Internet connection.
To compile the code (above requirements, in addition to):
- Unreal Editor (tested on v 4.15)
- To download the latest Unreal Engine, please visit their website at: www.UnrealEngine.com.
What does this repository contain?
- All source code files:
- Source code is in src/DMT_V directory.
What does this repository not contain?
- Unreal Engine class files
- Steam SDK packages
- Visual Studio files
Team Members and Responsibilities
- Coding of the Game State major subsystem.
- Research into the networking aspect of the Unreal Engine.
- Coding of the Save and Load systems.
- Coding of the Game Mode. Item Database, and User Interface major subsystems.
- Coding of the Equipment and Inventory minor subsystems.
- Research into open-source item models, including weaponry and armor.
- Coding of the Character, Player Character, and Non-Player Character subsystems.
- Coding of the Skills and Attributes minor subsystems.
- Research into open-source character models, animations, and assets.
- Coding of the Game World and Game Level major subsystems.
- Coordination of audio and sound aspects of the game.
- Research into open-source world meshes, level designs, and audio assets.