This sample project contains a simple Servlet application called Ferret. Ferret listens for HTTP requests sent to
<host>:<port>/ferret[/*], and responds with information about the request and the server.
Running in Eclipse
- Download and install Eclipse with the WebSphere Developer Tools.
- Create a new Liberty Profile Server. See step 3 for details.
- Clone this repository.
- Import the sample into Eclipse using File -> Import -> Maven -> Existing Maven Projects option.
- Deploy the sample into Liberty server. Right click on the ferret sample and select Run As -> Run on Server option. Find and select the Liberty profile server and press Finish.
- Go to: http://localhost:9080/ferret
Running with Maven
This project can be build with Apache Maven. The project uses Liberty Maven Plug-in to automatically download and install Liberty profile runtime from the Liberty repository. Liberty Maven Plug-in is also used to create, configure, and run the application on the Liberty server.
Use the following steps to run the application with Maven:
Execute full Maven build. This will cause Liberty Maven Plug-in to download and install Liberty profile server.
$ mvn clean install
To run the server with the Ferret sample execute:
$ mvn liberty:run-server
Once the server is running, the application will be available under http://localhost:9080/ferret.
Deploying to Bluemix
Click the button below to deploy your own copy of this application to Bluemix.
© Copyright IBM Corporation 2014.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.