Archival Management System to support the American Archive of Public Broadcasting
The Archival Managment System is an application using the Hyrax gem to provide a repository for PBCore data about externally hosted AV content. It includes models, controllers, actors, and presenters for PBCore-based worktypes of Assets, Contributions, Physical Instantiations, Digital Instantiations, and Essence Tracks.
AMS also adds the ability to export records in several user-friendly CSV reports and PBCore XML files, as well as using hyrax-batch_ingest gem to implement batch ingest of PBCore XML and spreadsheets, and batch metadata updates via spreadsheets.
- Fedora Commons Repository is the data repository platform. Fedora provides an HTTP endpoint that the AMS application
- Solr is used for search.
- Redis is used for storing information about background jobs.
- Sidekiq is used for scheduling and processing background jobs.
- Ruby on Rails is the web framework used for building the application.
- Hyrax is the Ruby on Rails plugin that provides many repository features for AMS.
- MySQL is the relational database used used by both the web application and by Fedora.