Input Device Capabilities
This repository contains a proposed specification for an API that provides capability details of the underlying device that generated a DOM input event. In particular, this enables scripts to reliably identify MouseEvents dervied from TouchEvents.
If this API is successfully (eg. shipped in multiple browsers) then it will hopefully be transitioned out of incubation and into the W3C UIEvents specification as maintained by the W3C Web Platform Working Group.
- Web Updates article
- MDN Documentation
- WICG Discourse thread
- Decision to import to WICG
- W3C UI Events tracking bug
- Chromium feature entry and implementation status
- Firefox bug
- WebKit bug
- Original InputDevice API brainstorming sketch
- The problem of identifying mouse events derived from touch
- Some discussion on www-dom
- Some discussion in the Touch Events community group