Cookie Store API
This repository documents an API for accessing HTTP cookies asynchronously from Document and Service Worker global contexts.
- The explainer is a developer-oriented preview of the API.
- The specification draft is aimed at browser developers.
The API has a test suite in the Web Platform Tests project.
- Read the test code for example usage.
- See the test passing rates across browsers.
- Run the tests in your own browser.
This API is inspired by and loosely based on the following discussions.
cookie change events
is a concurrently developed API proposal that also addresses the synchronous
The Cookie Store API has also been discussed in the following places.
The best resource for understanding the deep technical aspects of cookies is the most recent draft of RFC 6265bis.
This API is also known as the Async Cookies API.