Tip: This repo is in development. Ideas and patterns you'll see here are in-progress. You are encouraged to join in and help shape the foundation of Open UI.
Learn more at https://open-ui.org.
We identify these issues in the UI community:
- Effort - Engineers waste countless hours of human effort duplicating work that could be shared.
- Support - Accessible users are often left with subpar experiences, or are entirely unsupported.
- Consistency - User experience is often inconsistent and compromised between UIs due to isolated development practices.
- Portability - The lack of a shared language for UI limits our ability as a community to communicate, collaborate, and share.
- Timing - UI's have existed long enough to observe and codify a shared standard; the time is right.
Open UI is a open source collective effort to standardize names and anatomies for common UI patterns.
There are two pillars of focus here:
/researchdocumenting UI as it has naturally emerged
/platformrepresenting browser standards bodies
These two will iterate in a cyclic collaboration to define and develop standardized UI. Refer to the resources in each effort for more information.