Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
WISE v5.2 Release Notes
Clone this wiki locally
Table of Contents
WISE5 Goals Read WISE5's goals.
WISE5 Design Doc and Notes Read this to get an overview of what's new in WISE5.
List of Issues for v5.2 List of issues for WISE5.
This release requires Tomcat 8.0.x and and java 7+ to work with WebSockets. WISE@Berkeley is using Tomcat 8.5.3 with java 1.8 (as of Sep. 2016)
- New Concept Map component with auto-scoring
- Added support for side-by-side component layout
- Implemented CRater service for communicating with ETS CRater server
- Added support for real-time notifications
- Students will be notified when another student replies to their discussion post.
- Students are now notified when their teacher provides score/feedback in real-time. #656.
- Notifications can be sent to teachers based on certain criteria (e.g. CRater scores)
- Ambient notifications can created and dismissed
- Integration with OpenCPU
- WISE can now be with installed with Docker
- Added download latest work and event logs to classroom monitor. #594, #647
- Added support to show/hide annotations
- Updated style, differentiates between teacher and automated feedback, changes color and adds label when new
- Added annotations display to the audio oscillator component and simplified the componentAnnotations component to take a single 'annotations' binding
- allowed students to save and create notebook items as long as there is either text or an attachment
- made the Notebook its own ui-router state (with url /notebook)
- Only show add to notebook buttons and allow image clipping when the notebook is enabled
- Authoring tool
- get notified when there are others authoring the same project. Added the ability to author show previous work components.
- show shared projects in the project list. #641
- fixed a bug where moving steps within a branch would not update the transitions correctly.
- Classroom Monitor: We now display the workgroup id instead of the student name(s) if the user is a shared teacher with only view/read access to the run.
- Branching: When a user is previewing a project, we now allow them to choose which branch path to go to when they reach a branch point.
- Graph Component
- Added support for trials
- Implemented updating the graph based on student data from a connected Embedded component.
- Explanation Builder
- Made the student text response answer show up in the Latest Student Work Export
- Added columns for idea width and idea height to export
- Match Component
- Authors can specify whether they want horizontal (side-by-side) or vertical layout of choices and buckets by setting 'horizontal' attribute to true or false in the component json; vertical layout is the default
- Authors can also specify the flex width of the buckets when using vertical layout by setting the 'bucketWidth' attribute in the component json (100, 50, 33, for example); by default component will automatically set width to 100, 50, or 33 (1, 2, or 3 columns) depending on the number of buckets
- Layout is responsive and will default to vertical with full-width buckets on small screens
- UI Improvements
- Fixed and improved the automatic navigation scrolling
- When opening a new step in the wise5 vle, the window now scrolls to the top
- Navigation now also scrolls to the last viewed step when closing a step and returning to the project plan
- Added scroll while dragging support to the student planning interface
- Added a mask to the navigation map in the wise5 default theme when a group is in planning mode (an overlay grays out all the other nodes in the project and only allows interactions with the group that is being planned until planning mode is turned off)
- Improved Match and Discussion component styles
- Improved Notebook menu display in the WISE5 default theme on small screens (converts to a fixed bottom bar)
- added dom-autoscroller library to support scrolling while dragging
- Implemented dynamic student name replacement
- Updated wise5 components to display server save times
- Increased default session timeout limit from 20 minutes to 30 minutes.
- Project converter: bug fixes, added more step types that can be converted.
- WISE4 Session Manager: Renew the session when the user moves the mouse or presses a key in the VLE, Grading Tool, or Authoring Tool.
- Updated Angular dependency to v1.5.8
- Merged JSPM config declarations into NPM package.json, removing need to have global JSPM installed
- wise.sh script: Now use “wise.sh run” from beginning. Use “wise.sh reset” to reset. Maven now cleans and compiles before running embedded tomcat.
- New French and Turkish translations by Ahmed and Beste
- More E2E tests
- Many bug fixes and UI improvements
1. Run queries to update database
create table notification ( id integer not null auto_increment, componentId varchar(30), componentType varchar(30), data mediumtext, message varchar(255) not null, groupId varchar(30), nodeId varchar(30), serverSaveTime datetime not null, timeDismissed datetime, timeGenerated datetime not null, type varchar(255), fromWorkgroupId bigint, periodId bigint not null, runId bigint not null, toWorkgroupId bigint, primary key (id) ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8; create index runIdIndex on notification (runId); create index toWorkgroupIdIndex on notification (toWorkgroupId); create index fromWorkgroupIdIndex on notification (fromWorkgroupId); alter table notification add constraint FK_s2r02d5cb8fx4p7yeoljc4dhp foreign key (fromWorkgroupId) references wiseworkgroups (id); alter table notification add constraint FK_ohnbl97r0jjlh6rv4or01ngqu foreign key (periodId) references groups (id); alter table notification add constraint FK_7s5o7rba23e06qag9479ohq5w foreign key (runId) references runs (id); alter table notification add constraint FK_7opq58yb9g6d4ggs8rg45cdti foreign key (toWorkgroupId) references wiseworkgroups (id);
CREATE MEMORY TABLE PUBLIC.NOTIFICATION(ID INTEGER GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS IDENTITY(START WITH 1) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,COMPONENTID VARCHAR(30),COMPONENTTYPE VARCHAR(30),DATA VARCHAR(16777216),MESSAGE VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,GROUPID VARCHAR(30),NODEID VARCHAR(30),SERVERSAVETIME TIMESTAMP NOT NULL,TIMEDISMISSED TIMESTAMP,TIMEGENERATED TIMESTAMP NOT NULL,TYPE VARCHAR(255),FROMWORKGROUPID BIGINT,PERIODID BIGINT NOT NULL,RUNID BIGINT NOT NULL,TOWORKGROUPID BIGINT,CONSTRAINT FK_OHNBL97R0JJLH6RV4OR01NGQU FOREIGN KEY(PERIODID) REFERENCES PUBLIC.GROUPS(ID)) ALTER TABLE PUBLIC.NOTIFICATION ALTER COLUMN ID RESTART WITH 28 CREATE INDEX FROMWORKGROUPIDINDEX ON PUBLIC.NOTIFICATION(FROMWORKGROUPID) ALTER TABLE PUBLIC.NOTIFICATION ADD CONSTRAINT FK_S2R02D5CB8FX4P7YEOLJC4DHP FOREIGN KEY(FROMWORKGROUPID) REFERENCES PUBLIC.WISEWORKGROUPS(ID) ALTER TABLE PUBLIC.NOTIFICATION ADD CONSTRAINT FK_7S5O7RBA23E06QAG9479OHQ5W FOREIGN KEY(RUNID) REFERENCES PUBLIC.RUNS(ID) ALTER TABLE PUBLIC.NOTIFICATION ADD CONSTRAINT FK_7OPQ58YB9G6D4GGS8RG45CDTI FOREIGN KEY(TOWORKGROUPID) REFERENCES PUBLIC.WISEWORKGROUPS(ID)