WordPress Plugin Boilerplate Powered
WordPress Plugin Boilerplate Powered is a complete foundation for building your WordPress plugins.
This project started because mainly the WordPress plugin boilerplates available was too minimal for who is building a lot of plugins.
Every experienced WordPress developers use always the same libraries (or snippets) and with Composer is very easy but at same time follow best practices.
Choose a library or a snippet and the boilerplate (with the help of the Code Generator) will generate everything without need a manual copy&paste way or look on internet!
Libraries and Miscellaneus available
- Code Generator to start to develop
- Sass support, CoffeScript and Grunt (not mandatory because the generator can remove them)
- Autoload based on Composer but extended
- Many libraries already available (with starter code) for Composer
- Dashicon as dependence of admin stylesheet
- Bubble notification on pending CPTs
- Import/Export settings
- Custom capabilities with CPTs and taxonomy support
- wp_localize_script for pass PHP var to JS in the frontend
- Class in frontend body with the slug of plugin
- Shortcode example included
- WPCLI support
- Support for your CPTs in Activity widget in dashboard
- Support for CMB in the options page
- Transient examples with caching
Do you want to see which plugins have been made with this boilerplate? Check here!
Check the Wiki for other info (shell scripts, resources, libraries and tools as example).
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Become a sponsor]
The WordPress Plugin Boilerplate Powered is licensed under the GPL v2 or later; however, if you opt to use third-party code that is not compatible with v2, then you may need to switch to using code that is GPL v3 compatible.