WordPress Plugin Boilerplate Powered
WordPress Plugin Boilerplate Powered is a complete foundation for building your WordPress plugins.
Why another boilerplate? Every experienced WordPress developers use always the same libraries or snippets and with composer this part today is very easy but not contain examples or best practices to use all of them.
This project fit in this dev cases, choose a library or a snippet and the boilerplate will contain already the example for use it without need a manual copy&paste way or look on internet!
The code generator is the most smartiest way to use the boilerplate with a simple command and get ready to work.
Libraries and Miscellaneus available
- Sass support with Compass and Grunt
- CoffeeScript support with Grunt (not mandatory with the Yeoman generator)
- Custom folder for Composer libraries
- Code Generator to start to develop <--
- Many libraries already available (with starter code) in composer.json (with the yeoman generator you can choose)
- Dashicon as dependence of admin stylesheet
- Bubble notification on pending CPTs
- Import/Export settings
- Custom capabilities with CPTs and taxonomy support
- wp_localize_script for pass PHP var to JS in the frontend
- Class in frontend body with the slug of plugin
- Support for your CPTs in Activity widget in dashboard
- Support for CMB in the options page
- Support for email template/theme with language detection
- Transient examples with caching
- Support for Web Push
Shell Script & Tools
Check on the wiki to discover how to use the scripts available!
Useful resources or code examples
Check on the wiki!
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Become a sponsor]
The WordPress Plugin Boilerplate Powered is licensed under the GPL v2 or later; however, if you opt to use third-party code that is not compatible with v2, then you may need to switch to using code that is GPL v3 compatible.