Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Releases are moving to a YY.MM numbering scheme and will (hopefully) be released quarterly.
Changes from WebPageTest 3.0:
With close to a year of commits there are a LOT of bug fixes, support for updated browsers, etc. This will just cover the main feature changes.
The biggest change by far is a new cross-platform agent (wptagent) that supports Linux, Windows, Mac and Android testing. Eventually wptdriver will be deprecated and all testing will be moved to the new agent.
- Added display for browser main-thread blocking to the waterfall and Time to Interactive metrics (Chrome)
- Added support for running Lighthouse tests as part of wptagent (on both mobile and desktop agents)
- Added collection of First Contentful and First Meaningful paint timings (Chrome)
JS (Mobile testing - legacy)
- The JS agent has been discontinued in favor of wptagent (and the public instance has been running the new code exclusively for several months).
wptdriver (Legacy Desktop Testing)
- Added collection of Time to interactive and interactivity metrics
- Switched how SSL Hooking is done in order to support Chrome 61+
- Added support for new Firefox extension model (required for multi-process Firefox)