Changes from WebPagetest 2.14:
There are quite a few big additions/improvements in this release:
- The addition of custom metrics.
- Logs integration for test results.
- Significant improvements to the new mobile agents.
- The mobitest android agents are no longer supported (security concerns with the results processing).
- Added support for capturing and viewing Chrome traces.
- Added support for writing test results to a log file (see logTestResults and logTestRequests in settings.ini.sample)
- Significant improvements to the processing of mobile video captures.
- Fixed the display of console log messages from mobile tests.
- Fixed the waterfall translucency slider support in filmstrip view for Chrome 30+.
- Improved test reliability (reduced instances of corrupt results).
- Added sample benchmark configurations.
- Fixed timeline processing for Chrome 36+.
- Added support for viewing Chrome traces.
- Added installer checks for php's memory limit, for tmp being on tmpfs and for being able to write to the dat directory.
js (Mobile testing)
- Significant improvements to video and waterfall processing (done on the server but mobile-specific).
- Changed the logic to close the browser between first and repeat view to match desktop testing.
- Added support for running against an emulator (though it is very much not recommended for anything but dev).
- Added support for capturing Chrome traces.
- Fixed support for multi-step tests.
- Fixed the reporting of HTTPS 204 responses.
- Added support for overrideHost, setHeader and addHeader commands for IE HTTPS testing.
- Improved the support for the exec and execAndWait commands in Chrome so they no longer run in a sandbox and can access the page variables.
- Added support for capturing the page title and titleTime for Chrome (already worked for IE and Firefox).
URLBlast (legacy IE testing):
- No significant changes (will eventually be deprecated and replaced by wptdriver).
Improvements common to both desktop agents:
- Added support for capturing custom metrics.
- Improved the adult site detection logic.
- Changed 401 response codes (auth challenge) to be treated like redirects.