A group project between six computer science students at Brunel University
This project took place over the course of six months, during which time I experimented with multiple aspects of software engineering, including making the required mistakes for such learning, including but not limited to:
- Committing API keys to version control.
- Poor commit messages & structure.
- Repository management was undertaken through guesswork and ancient git texts written on stone tablets.
- NoSQL Firebase queries are a mess. There's plenty of poor code in this project, but these might be the worst thing I've ever done.
- No coherent structure or design behind the project in general - everything was developed as we learnt how it worked, with cleanup left for
- No iteration in design during development.
- No unit or integration tests
Apart from this limited write-up, everything in this project is left as it was at the end of the project, so I can laugh at it in future.