Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can Waffle be used on the client side?
- Does Waffle work on *nix, including Linux?
- How can I retrieve additional information, such as user's position in the company, from Active Directory?
- Can Waffle be used with Atlassian JIRA?
- Can Waffle be used with Apache Shiro?
- How can I prevent the browser from showing a login popup on failed authentication?
- How does the Waffle Servlet Security Filter work with CORS?
- UnsatisfiedLinkerError jnadispatch: solved by placing JNA jars in the common classloader.
- Browser shows BASIC authentication popup: solved by re-ordering authenticators.
- ClassNotFoundException on Tomcat: solved by putting
- ClassNotFoundException on JBoss: solved by putt JARs in
- Popup asking for username/password: solved by forcing NTLM, Kerberos not working.
- Negotiate authentication returns 404 File Not Found: solved by creating a missing
- Negotiate tries, but keeps failing with 401: solved by creating a proper SPN with
- Issues specifying AD groups with Spring-security: solved by using the fully qualified user/group name.
- Tomcat Manager not working under SSO: solved by editing
401.jsp, external solution.
- Password prompt instead of SSO: solved by running Tomcat as
- Struts application not accepting multipart/form-data: solved by removing a legacy security constraint.
- Server returns 401 Access Denied with the AP_ERR_MODIFIED error code: solved by running server as a service with a domain account.
- Failed to create temporary file for jnidispatch library:
java.io.IOException: solved by recreating Tomcat temp dir.
- com.sun.jna.platform.win32.Win32Exception: the logon attempt failed: solved by enabling Kerberos logging and KB957097.
- Cannot find where to enable WAFFLE logging in JBoss: solved by locating application's
- NTLM fails with an Apache / AJP front-end: solved by properly forwarding port number and re-enabling
- IE6 NTLM fails with an Apache front-end with SSL: solved by enabling
- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory with Jetty and JAAS: solved by specifying JAAS realms in Jetty configuration.
- HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request: Kerberos ticket was longer than 4K, solved by increasing
- Negotiate fails with a load-balancer: needs some DNS work and a proper SPN.
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot create a session after the response has been committed error with Spring Security: resolved by disabling
- Waffle returns service user as remote user: fixed by un-saving a user name and password on a local computer.
- Issues with servlet filter on multiple Tomcat 7 Instances Sharing WAFFLE binaries: solved by putting filter-mapping in the application's web.xml, also answered by Tomcat bug 51754.
- Waffle returns outdated nonexistent user name after the user name was changed on domain: solved by clearing the server LSA cache through the Windows registry according to MS Kbase article.
- Status 401 (error code 80090308) when using .NET client and HTTP 1.0 protocol: solved by using default protocol version in .NET HttpWebRequest
- See Troubelshooting